You, as the client, are at the centre of everything we do. If you tell us your story, we will explain your options, and together we will find the right one for you. We take great pride in the delivery of our service and the Gaby Hardwicke Client Charter is our way of framing our commitment to you. We will adhere to it and expect to be held to account if we fail to deliver.
The Client Charter reflects the close relationship we have with our clients. While our family law team provides caring support and sympathy, it is the focused way in which, with you, we identify what we can reasonably achieve and set about delivering it that sets us apart from other firms.
Reflecting the nature of the collaborative approach we adopt in our professional relationships with our clients, there are expectations we have of you. In particular, we need you to:
- Provide clear, timely and accurate instructions.
- Promptly let us have any documentation or information we request from you.
In return, we will:
- Work with you to resolve your matter, share your objectives and act in your best interests.
- Always be honest, straightforward and realistic with you and keep your business as confidential as we can.
- Explain the legal work that may be required, the time scales involved and, where appropriate, our prospects of success.
- Give you our best indication of the cost of your matter, or at least of the next stage, both at the outset and as it progresses.
- Deal with your matter promptly and keep you regularly informed of our progress.
- Regularly review your matter with you, particularly when there is a significant change in circumstances, objectives, risks, the likely cost and benefits or the time scale.
- Try to avoid using technical legal language when writing to you or discussing your matter with you.
- Reply to your telephone calls, emails and letters promptly.
How our Family Law team works
Find out more about:
To discuss how we can help you email or call one of our offices:
- Hastings: 01424 438 011
- Bexhill: 01424 730 945
- Eastbourne: 01323 435 900